Tuesday, February 14, 2012

::Foodie:: Strawberry Cupcakes!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I really love baking and lately have been dreaming of owning a bakery which has really had me in the baking mood. In the spirit of all things delicious, I decided to make a couple sweet treats for my husband for this holiday including Strawberry Marshmallow Popcorn and Strawberry Cupcakes with homemade Strawberry Buttercream Frosting.

The popcorn was so easy to make ::recipe here:: and it was quite addictive! I think I ate more than half of the bowl before the end of the day yesterday.
I think this recipe will be a repeat for us and would also be fun to try with other flavors of Jello.

Strawberry Cupcakes ::recipe here:: were really good also however I think next time I am going to try and lighten them a bit. They were very dense, almost the consistency of banana bread. I may try cake flour next time or even try folding in egg whites or something similar to get them lighter. Either way they were (are) really good but I think a little lighter of a cake won't be as filling.

Strawberry mixture on the left, flour on the right

Cupcake batter all mixed up

Williams-Sonoma cupcake kit

YUMMY!

Hope you have a great night!

:-) Mere

1 comment:

  1. the popcorn and the cupcakes = delicious!!!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete