Saturday, January 14, 2017

Happenings Right Now

Happenings in my life...

  • I've just started this book recently, I'm not too far into it just yet but I've already highlighted some great passages. This is the line of the summary of the book that really hit home:
    • In Chasing Slow, Erin turns away from fast and fame and frenzy. Follow along as she blazes the trail toward a new-fashioned lifestyle—one that will refresh your perspective, renew your priorities, and shift your focus to the journey that matters most.

  • I have been obsessed with all thing Coffee + Crumbs lately--the blog, the Year of Creativity course, and the podcasts. Their podcasts are very relevant to the season I am in, touching on topics such as parenting, being a working moms, and life in general. The guests on the podcasts have all been great, the recommendations have all been things I have loved so far. My reading list is growing and growing, mostly from their recommendations. 

  • This spray promises to help with prep and prime and is an overall complexion spray. I love the way this makes my skin feel and I can actually see complexion improvement. Honestly I'm not sure if it's a coincidence that my skin has been great lately but either way I love the way this makes my face feel. I spray it on my face morning and night. 

Planning Macie's 2nd Birthday Party (Seriously?!)
  • I cannot fathom that Macie is almost two. I started planning her birthday party last week. I am a little "partied out" from the holidays and was considering not hosting a party for her but I know I will regret it if I decide to forego a party. We are planning a farm theme since she is obsessed with all sorts of animals.

Watching This is Us
  • When the trailer for This is Us was circulating around the internet I was very interested, I had high expectations for this show, expecting something comparable to Parenthood.The first few episodes were great but not quite the emotional, gut-wrenching show I was hoping for. I do still like it, I just wish is was one step further, one more level of emotionally raw. Despite this, I am still enjoying it and I'm glad it's back from holiday break. 

Wearing my Mama Bear Shirts
  • The buffalo plaid one is my current favorite but these shirts are so cute and comfy. Perfect for a casual day with some distressed jeans and Toms. 

We are hanging out in Virigina, trying to stay warm. Tonight we attempted to go see Sing with the family. The girls did pretty well for a little over an hour but the night ended with tears and meltdowns. I think Henley might be getting a cold, she's pretty congested and was very emotional leaving the theater. 

Still trying to decide what to do tomorrow but for now I'll leave you with this, hope you are enjoying your weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment