Monday, January 2, 2017

One Little Word: Intention


Yesterday, New Year's Day, I started looking around Facebook, Instagram, and the Blog World at various posts and hashtags and ended up down quite an enlightening rabbit hole. I came across the hashtag #onelittleword and fell completely in love. I have heard of people picking a "word" for their year but when I sat down to think through what I wanted for 2017, I couldn't really choose a word that I thought fit me so I didn't.

Well a few weeks and tons of great posts later, I have chosen my word. I was in the shower and it clicked. Everything on my list really comes down to one word. Intention. I want to be intentional this year. I don't want to be that person that just rides through and ends up four months down the road off track from where I want to be. I've been excited about my lists of goals and to-do's but this clarity has me so pumped! Intention!! So easy but it just took me some time to get there. 

As with everything in my life, to the planner I went. I setup a #onelittleword page in my notes section and went to town with some lettering, definition, and quotes that really capture what I want to see for myself this year. 


Today is my last day of my twelve day streak so I am going to go soak up every minute of it. 

Have a good day!





2 comments:

  1. I love this! Intention is SO important, and it's something I've been lacking. Maybe that's why I've been so unhappy. I didn't have any real intentions last year and I floated a lot. This year will be different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My year will be different too. I look forward to seeing your year improve through your posts.

      Delete