Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Macie is TWO!

I cannot believe it but today is Macie's second birthday! These last two years have flow by but in the same breath it feels like Macie has always been a part of our family. We've been doing a lot of celebrating this week for her, I like to make their birthdays special and this one was no exception.

We hosted a farm party this past weekend with some neighborhood friends and a friend from school. I found a place that will bring a petting zoo to you. It was great. They came and set up, provided food for the children to feed the animals throughout the hour, and cleaned up when they left. I was worried about only getting the animals for an hour but the kids were about done around the 45 minute mark. It was a huge hit and the kids love it.

I planned this party coming down from the peak holiday season and truthfully didn't want to host anything. Because of that, I was determined for the food to be either store-bought or catered. Between this and Amazon, this was by far the easiest party I've ever hosted, I'm not sure I'll ever go back!


I used a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store to make these super cute hats. The girls loved them. They were relatively easy and took about an hour and a half to make over the course of a few days.
Silhouette Hat File

Favor boxes were filled with all kinds of farm themed goodies (here, here, here, and here)
Favor boxes




Now for the best part, the animals! The kids were so excited it was virtually impossible to get good pictures but them having fun really is the point, not perfect pictures right!?




I am so excited for what this year is to bring us and Macie. She is learning so much---counting, sentences, and even potty training this week (day four today and almost no accidents). She is so spunky and tough but sweet on the inside. She will pull your hair and run away laughing but if you cough she is right there to pat your back. This year has been great and I love having this special little person in our family. She completes us!



Happy March everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment